The deposit is available in LEI, EURO, USD, HUF, and GBP
You have a 0.20% bonus over the bank's standard interest rate for deposits in LEI
You can increase your savings with the help of interest capitalization effect
What are the benefits of a deposit for retirees?
The deposit is available in LEI, EURO, USD, HUF, and GBP;
- You have a 0.20% bonus over the bank's standard interest rate for deposits in LEI *;
You can increase your savings with the help of interest capitalization effect;
You have ZERO fees to open, liquidate and withdraw cash **;
Terms of establishment may be 1, 3, 6, 12, 18 or 24 months.
* Interest bonuses are granted only as part of the package for retirees.
** only in the case of cash withdrawals from term deposits, at maturity date (except those with a maturity less than or equal to one month).
What are your options at maturity?
- The automatic extension of the deposit with interest capitalization - over the same period as the beginning, with the same interest rate as the beginning. Accrued interest will be added to the deposit.
- Automatic extension of the deposit without capitalization - over the same time as the beginning, with the interest rate from the date of the extension of the deposit. Accrued interest is transferred into your current account.
- Automatic deposit liquidation - We transfer into your current account the deposit amount and accrued interest.
How do you open a deposit for retirees with OTP Bank?
We like to make your life easier. Therefore, in order to open a deposit for retirees, you only have to come to any of OTP Bank branches in your city with your original identity card. We take care of the rest.
The minimum opening amount is 100 LEI / EUR / USD / GBP or 25.000 HUF.
Visit Our Branch
with your Identity Card in original.
Request a phone call,
and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the money I have in my savings account at any time? How does this affect me?
Yes, money deposited in a savings account can be used at any time. You will still receive the interest calculated for the amount you have in your savings account.
When do I receive the interest for my savings from the savings account?
Interest is calculated based on the daily amount you have in your account and is transferred into your savings account at the beginning of the following month. The interest rate is variable and varies depending on cumulative instalments.
What is the minimum amount required to open a deposit?
To open a deposit account with OTP Bank, you need at least 100 LEI, 100 EURO, 100 USD, 100 GBP or 25.000 HUF. To find out the interest rate level applied depending on the amount deposited and the maturity period, go to this link.
How is the interest on deposits?
Interest on deposits is fixed and applies to the amount in the deposit account for the selected period.
Can I withdraw interest on deposits every month?
You can withdraw interest monthly only if you opt for the following options:
- Deposit in LEI, EUR, USD, HUF, GBP with one month maturity;
- Deposit in LEI, EUR on 1 year with fixed interest and monthly interest payment.